Monday 28 January 2008

Reiss and Pleased

So the sales are drawing to a close, and I must say I’ve had a pretty good sale-shopping season this year; a plentiful haul, all at less than half-price. My favourite bargains (before this weekend) are some black Energie jeans for £23 and my gorgeous patent leather ankle boots from Russell & Bromley, down from nearly 200 quid to £69. Unsated, I decided in my post-Birthday party hungover-funk to venture to the Liberty sale. Nothing whatsoever, well at least nothing of a reasonable price – I love the Dior white jazz derby shoes, but they’re still £139, and the Kris van Assche knitwear, which is reduced, but still £150-odd. So I left empty-handed (though severely nursing a need to buy the entire Dries van Noten SS08 collection) and headed to Reiss - which is a goldmine this time of year. I picked up a pair of burgundy jeans (shamelessly 'inspired' by my mate Ross) for £20. And a gorgeous midnight blue pure wool jumper for £20. And a couple of scarves – one huge and woolly, the other smarter and aubergine - down from a collective price of £100 (for 2 scarves!) for under £25. The key with sale-shopping at this time of year is shamelessness. Many friends, countrymen and fellow-bloggers have decried rooting around in sale buckets, but I absolutely love it – it makes shopping more of an adventure; a real treasure hunt. And while there’s not always a high success rate, the feeling of walking out of a high-quality shop with your bag of lovely swag - having saved nearly £200 - is incomparable. Get yourself down there and have a rummage; now is the time. Other Staples this week:
End-of-Sale bargains from Reiss
Camino Spanish bar in King’s Cross
Lightspeed Champion’s album ‘Falling off the Lavender Bridge’
Last.fm
Drinking Pisco Sours
Konstam at The Prince Albert restaurant
Afternoon naps

No comments: