Thursday 9 August 2007

Fraudband

So I'm in my kitchen 'jacking' wifi broadband working out whether to sit on a camping chair or stand. I'll stand. It seems appropriate - and I have the Long arms of the Law on my side. So this blog thing is going to be stuff to do, stuff we like, stuff we think is essential, culled only from the finest of sources. And it all starts with shoes.
Good work shoes will get you as far as you can go in life; everything you need to know about a person is in their shoes, particularly the ones they wear for work. My shoes - Jil Sander 'shovel toe' plain black nappa lace-ups, in the most elegant shape i could find, make me uber happy whenever I put them on. I've just buffed them to a gleaming shine, using Kiwi products which I've been using since I was a bairn. When you're in work tomorrow, or on the bus or wherever, take a look at your deskmates' shoes and note how they reflect the person; functional people go for Clarks; young trendy 'metrosexuals' (YES, they still exist, I used to live with one - bootcut stonewash denim?) wear pointy faux-brogues from Topman, or worse, River Island. Your boss probably has some classics from Church's, John Lobb, or if he isn't quite so top spec, Marks'. This does really only apply to work shoes; leisure shoes are an entirely different area - much more colourful and fraught with peril. Shoes people; keep an eye out, and do try and remember that other people are doing the same.
This week's staples are:
Field Day Festival in Victoria Park, East London
A chocolate orange brownie from Leon
An item of animal print
A Razmopolitan cocktail
Camino in King's Cross
Chromeo
Sunglasses with metal frames - no fluoro plastic allowed.

No comments: